BECOME A YOUTH AMBASSADOR
Do you have an idea for how you could make your community a safer, healthier or happier place to live? Have you ever thought about starting your own community improvement project? Do you want to travel abroad to another country and meet other teens who are also determined to make difference in their communities?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you should consider applying for the Youth Ambassadors Program!
San Francisco Bay Area applications for the Youth Ambassadors Program are due Wednesday, March 8, 2017
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE IN AMIGOS GRANTS PROGRAMS
- Be between the ages 15-17 at time of travel (18 year-olds may apply to the Youth Ambassadors Program only)
- Be enrolled with at least one year remaining after the international training and exchange (high school students graduating this year are not eligible to apply)
- Be a US Citizen
- • Live and go to high school in the San Francisco Bay Area (Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Solano, and Sonoma Counties)
- Demonstrate academic excellence
- Have two years of high school Spanish or the equivalent
- Demonstrate commitment to community service
- Be willing and able to commit to participating in all follow-on activities following the international training and exchange (August-December 2017), monthly communication with Program Staff, as well as bi-monthly communication with their Adult Mentor
- Youth Applicants must submit one reference from a teacher or school administrator and one reference from a representative at their community service site. Share this recommendation form with your references
**Candidates without any previous international travel experience are highly encouraged to apply.