AMIGOS is dedicated to making our programs accessible to every young person. We offer two flexible models for pre-departure activities and training: the National Participant path and the Chapter Participant path.
Chapter Participants join one of 25 local chapters across the United States. They fundraise, train, and receive local support from their chapter throughout the school year. If you are considering a Summer Program and live near a local chapter, we encourage you to apply through the Chapter Participant path. Chapters provide fantastic in-person support and represent the diversity and strength of the extended AMIGOS community.
Program fees vary by Chapter. Please visit your local chapter’s website to see its fee.
Local Chapter pricing throughout the US varies between $2,975 and $4,400. Group fundraising projects allow Chapter participants to pay a lower family fee to join AMIGOS summer programs.
The deadline to apply to a local chapter is December 20, 2017!
Click here to find a local Chapter near you.
National Participants complete training online and during condensed workshops, and may fundraise for their trips individually. The National Participant path is a great option if you do not live near a local chapter or have a schedule that conflicts with local, in-person activities.
The program fee for participants training through the National Office:
- $6,275 for all summer projects (except Discover AMIGOS), with fundraising options available to lower this fee.
- $6,775 for the 9-week project in Barranquilla, Colombia. This fee includes registration at Universidad del Norte in Barranquilla.
- Participants who return for a second summer receive a $500 discount.
- Flights are included in the fee.
Discover AMIGOS Program
- $3,175 for Discover A (June 21 – July 5) or Discover B (July 12 – July 26)
- Full Year: $24,900 in Nicaragua; $26,900 in Ecuador
- Semester: $12,950 in Nicaragua; $13,950 in Ecuador
- Apply by the early bird deadline (March 15) to receive a $500 discount.
- AMIGOS summer program alumni also receive a $500 discount per Gap semester!
US State Department Grant Programs – Youth Ambassadors
- These programs are fully funded for all selected participants.
- Financial aid is available for immunizations, medical examinations, and passport/visa fees.
More information on funding your AMIGOS trip.
Program fees for all AMIGOS programs are comprehensive and include:
- Round-trip international airfare
- Costs of all pre-departure training & materials
- On-site training and orientation
- All food, lodging, and transportation costs
- Full-time program staff
- 24-hour On-Call Emergency Management System
- Global travel medical insurance
- Program excursions
- Credit for service hours
- Individual evaluation of performance and growth
- Access to the AMIGOS alumni network
The program fee does not include:
- Immunizations and medical examinations
- Passport/visa fees
- Airfare change fees for early returns
- Personal equipment (i.e. mosquito net, backpack, clothing)
- Discretionary purchases in Latin America (i.e. souvenirs, food outside of meal plan)