Want to stay involved?
Join the Alumni Representatives Program
So, you’re back home from the field. Do you miss your community? Are you dreaming in Spanish? Craving gallo pinto or those irresistible fresh homemade tortillas?
We’d bet that you are. “So, what’s next?” you ask.
Join the Alumni Representatives Program to stay connected and help recruit the next summer of AMIGOS participants!
All AMIGOS Alumni have a life changing experience in common. Available to high school and college age AMIGOS alumni, the Alumni Representatives Program lets you stay engaged with your friends from the summer and share your stories with students who want to become Amigos.
Most participants hear about AMIGOS in their classrooms and directly from alumni, so we know it is your powerful experience that empower students to join. Talking about how you collaborated with your community on a sustainable project, connected with your host family, and worked with other Latin American students your age gives them the courage to step out of their comfort zone.
Here’s how it works:
- Join the Alumni Representatives online community – chat, upload photos, and share ideas
- Choose at least one activity each month (September – April) to facilitate. Examples include:
- School classroom presentations
- Organize a Spanish language lunch or dinner
- Post photos, videos, tweets, and snaps about your summer
- Host a Q&A
- Encourage a Freshman or Sophomore Spanish class to follow AMIGOS on social media
After the Program is over, you’ll receive:
- Certificate of Program Completion
- Written Letter of Recommendation
- Great talking points for your college applications!
- Service experience to add to your resume
We also want to help you continue to build your leadership, public speaking, time management, and resume building skills. Monthly webinar check-in’s are set up to go over everyone’s activities.
- Want to stay involved? – Join the Alumni Representatives Program - September 20, 2016