During the holiday season, we have special days for shopping – Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
On #GivingTuesday, we have a day for giving back.
#GivingTuesday is a global giving movement that harnesses the collective power of individuals, communities, and organizations to encourage philanthropy and to celebrate generosity worldwide. Always the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, this year’s #GivingTuesday will take place on November 27th, inspiring people to collaborate and give back.
Giving Tuesday was founded in 2012 by the 92nd Street Y, a community and cultural center in New York City. Last year, over $300 million was raised online to benefit a broad range of organizations, and much more was given in volunteer hours, food and clothing, and acts of kindness.
#GivingTuesday has been built by individuals, families, organizations, businesses, and communities in countries around the world. Millions of people come together to support the causes they believe in and the communities where they live. Every act of generosity counts, and each means even more when we give together.
How You Can Help
AMIGOS believes in the power of community – bringing people from around the world together to make an impact on our collective future. #GivingTuesday embodies this belief, so this year we are excited to be a part of this global movement! There are a variety of ways you can take part in this year’s giving season to support AMIGOS and our mission:
- Donate online
- Mail a check made out to “AMIGOS” or cash to 1800 West Loop South, Suite 1325, Houston, TX 77027
- Have your gift matched by donating on #GivingTuesday
- Match you gift through your employer! Search here to see if your employer matches gifts.
- Shop with Amazon Smile and select Amigos de las Americas International Headquarters as your designated charity.
- Donate via Donor Advised Funds or through gifts of stock or other assets. Email [email protected] with questions.
- Make a legacy gift to AMIGOS by including AMIGOS in your will or estate plans.
We are truly excited to share #GivingTuesday with our AMIGOS family!