JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM
PROMOTE YOUTH LEADERSHIP ACROSS THE AMERICAS
AMIGOS staff believe in the power of youth to change the world. Join our community that works everyday to help young people do amazing things.
GREAT BENEFITS AND VACATION TIME
Hard work is important, but our staff are encouraged to have a great work-life balance.
GIVE BACK TO THE COMMUNITY
AMIGOS staff participate in bi-annual volunteer days to give back to our community, and have many other optional service opportunities throughout the year.
TRAVEL TO LATIN AMERICA
Many of our staff members regularly visit our programs and help with youth trainings in the US and Latin America. Take advantage of this opportunity to get out of your element!
POSITION TITLE Local Outreach Coordinator
POSITION TYPE Hourly, up to 10 hours per week
LOCATION Remote – US (San Diego preferred)
DURATION 8-week contract + opportunity for continued Spring recruitment
COMPENSATION hourly, commensurate with experience
Amigos de las Americas (AMIGOS) is a leader in international youth development, creating a world in which young people realize their full potential as leaders and global citizens. We provide extraordinary opportunities for youth to design and lead projects in collaboration with US and Latin American peers and partner organizations across the Americas.
The local Outreach Coordinator’s role is to work with the chapter board, recent alumni, and parents to recruit more young people into new digital, hybrid, and in-person AMIGOS programming, the Spring Community Impact Project and Summer programs. The Outreach Coordinator will connect with local educators, partner agencies and beyond to spread awareness about AMIGOS programs and ultimately help the chapter and AMIGOS Headquarters (HQ) reach their target goal numbers of leads, applicants, and volunteers. This opportunity includes a professional training, mentorship and meaningful hands-on experience in project management, marketing, communications, working with youth, and organization.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Outgoing and engaging personality
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally with various audiences
- Sales or marketing skills advantageous
- Ability to work well with youth and delegate responsibilities to young people
- Comfort with speaking virtually to a public audience on Zoom
- Knowledge of AMIGOS
- Previous experience working directly with high school youth of diverse backgrounds
- Experience with Salesforce
- Bilingual in Spanish language is a plus!
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete mandatory virtual orientation and collaborate with HQ Outreach Managers and other Outreach Coordinators to establish recruitment targets, identify key local relationships, and develop a recruitment action plan.
- Organize Diversified Outreach: If applicable for your local community, work with recent Community Impact Project alumni participants and parents to support with virtual presentation coordination and outreach to new students / schools. Identify and contact local educators in your chapter’s network and set up virtual recruiting presentations to be co-led with alumni if possible. Brainstorm and reach out to new avenues for recruitment (social media influencers, bloggers, service clubs, church groups, fairs etc…). Maintain accurate account details for schools, educators, counselors, etc. in Salesforce.
- Coordinate Lead Management: Make sure all collected leads are entered into Salesforce in a timely manner. Encourage all leads to attend planned virtual information sessions through periodic phone calls, texts, and emails to leads coordinated between HQ and the Outreach Coordinator
- Collaborate with AMIGOS HQ staff on bi-weekly or weekly check-in calls to stay up-to-date on recruitment best practices and receive support with resources and recruitment processes. Submit a brief weekly outreach report on Friday to track activities.
- Create a short handover report at the end of the contract and schedule time with the local chapter and HQ staff to share back lessons.
- November 20 – Outreach Coordinator hired
- Week of November 22 – Virtual orientation call with HQ staff
- February 1 – Chapter must recruit at least 12 students to run a program
- February 22 – Final Application Deadline
Submit a 1-page cover letter no later than November 20, 2020 that includes an idea of how to attract high school students during COVID to AMIGOS along with your resume and LinkedIn to [email protected]
To realize the AMIGOS vision and mission, we believe in the power of every voice and the wisdom of diverse voices. AMIGOS embraces universal diversity, including: race, nationality, ethnicity, socio-economic status, religion, age, gender, and sexual orientation. AMIGOS seeks to include different life experiences, belief systems, abilities, and opinions throughout our work and aspires to eliminate barriers to inclusion and participation.
AMIGOS is an equal opportunity employer.