JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM
PROMOTE YOUTH LEADERSHIP ACROSS THE AMERICAS
AMIGOS staff believe in the power of youth to change the world. Join our community that works everyday to help young people do amazing things.
GREAT BENEFITS AND VACATION TIME
Hard work is important, but our staff are encouraged to have a great work-life balance.
GIVE BACK TO THE COMMUNITY
AMIGOS staff participate in bi-annual volunteer days to give back to our community, and have many other optional service opportunities throughout the year.
TRAVEL TO LATIN AMERICA
Many of our staff members regularly visit our programs and help with youth trainings in the US and Latin America. Take advantage of this opportunity to get out of your element!
Position Overview: AMIGOS is looking for a creative, organized, and enthusiastic self-starter with the capacity to build relationships to drive AMIGOS program enrollment in the South Bay region of the Bay Area. This position reports directly to the Managing Director of Regional Operations as well as a dotted line to the Silicon Valley and Peninsula Chapters of AMIGOS. The Outreach Manager will focus on strengthening existing and developing outreach markets primarily with educators, administrators, parents, middle and high schoolers, and AMIGOS alumni in the region. The ideal candidate will have experience working with these types of stakeholder networks as well as demonstrated success in meeting growth targets. We are looking for a dynamic, outgoing, and goal-oriented individual with a passion for AMIGOS and youth leadership development. Come join this dynamic and passionate team!
A successful person in this role: You are a social organizer among your friends. When you get inspired by something, you tell everyone you know. You thrive in goal-oriented environments and have experience tracking data and actions. You appreciate creative thinking, quick turnaround times, and a team that follows deadlines. You have no problem taking initiative when challenges arise. You’re active on social media and digesting compelling content and enjoy talking to people about cultural exchange, AMIGOS, and its programs. You are driven by creative ideas and achieving goals. You are adept and comfortable at working with a remote team and can set your own schedule with confidence. You like to learn new systems, programs and processes to further your knowledge and strengths in a role. You enjoy collaborating with others on projects.
Location: Any community within the South Bay. Peninsula Chapter territory (Mountain View, Los Altos, and north up to San Francisco county line) & Silicon Valley Chapter territory (Sunnyvale, Campbell, San Jose, Los Gatos and south)
Travel: Mostly local and regional travel with a couple trips to the Houston HQ office. A car is required. The AMIGOS west coast team meets weekly in Oakland for co-working.
Salary: Based on experience. Excellent benefits and training.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Outreach and Leads Management
- Drive enrollment and hit targets by cultivating existing and new non-profit, school, and district partnerships in targeted geographies
- Attend the chapter welcome home parties, regional fairs, school presentations, conferences, and workshops to build visibility and build AMIGOS brand awareness.
- Plan and host local informational sessions both in the fall and spring as well as coordinate alumni house parties to generate momentum.
- Build relationships and mobilize the AMIGOS alumni network through attendance at local trainings and developing connections to recent alumni and parents.
- Track key outreach activities and provide reports to Director of Regional Operations and the 2 local Chapter Boards on a monthly basis.
- Manage and follow up with generated leads on a regular basis (phone calls, chat, and emails) and track in Salesforce and support the interview process as participants come in.
- Ensure appropriate tracking system is maintained related to all outreach and relationships development via Salesforce.
- Stay abreast of industry trends to ensure the continued competitiveness of AMIGOS programs.
- Take initiative and actively brainstorms new and creative solutions to bring in new participants.
- Attend Peninsula and Silicon Valley Chapter Board meetings on a regular basis
- Identify and engage potential key alumni in region to engage in chapter leadership
- Participate on training teams for AMIGOS participants prior to summer. Requires a supervisory role of minors.
- Represent AMIGOS externally to prospective students, families, partners, and stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required and minimum 2 years of full-time professional experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to capture the AMIGOS experience, mission, and vision in words and to inspire interest in the organization
- Excellent people skills and demonstrated ability to cultivate partnerships and grow program enrollment
- Ability to interface and engage diverse groups of stakeholders, educators, and donor groups
- High energy level, organizational skills, professionalism, and attention to detail
- Effective speaker and facilitator at meetings and in front of groups
- Positive attitude and solution-driven approach
- Adept at working with a diverse network of staff and volunteers both in-person and remotely
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends for trainings, events, meetings, and travel
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Past participation in AMIGOS programs, involvement with AMIGOS chapter network, Peace Corps, or relevant experience with other education or nonprofit organizations
- Experience in recruitment, business development, sales, and/or fundraising
- Strong analytical skills and effective at working efficiently and independently
- Experience using Salesforce or equivalent CRM.
How to Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter include your LinkedIn account and salary range requirements.
Chicago Recruitment Coordinator (PAID)
Colorado Chapter Recruitment Coordinator (PAID)
New York City Chapter Recruitment Coordinator (PAID)
Ohio Chapter Recruitment Coordinator (PAID)
Portland Chapter Outreach Coordinator (PAID)
Portland Chapter Training Director (PAID)
Each chapter board selects one or more Chapter Trainers. The Chapter Training Director(s) has primary responsibility for all aspects of training participants for a successful and meaningful AMIGOS experience, following all standards, guidelines, policies and expectations set forth by the National Headquarters Office of AMIGOS (HQ), as approved by the International Board of Directors. Full Position Description here.
Salt Lake City Chapter Recruitment Coordinator (PAID)
Seattle Chapter Recruitment Coordinator (PAID)
The Silicon Valley Chapter of AMIGOS is looking to engage members of our community to join our Board of Directors. Each chapter of AMIGOS is run by a board of local volunteers that work together to prepare the participants for their AMIGOS summer abroad. We are currently looking to expand our board and hope to bring on a few new people who would enjoy joining our board in a volunteer or part-time paid role. Your time commitment will include attending our monthly board meetings and attending a monthly training event. If you join in a specific role your responsibilities would include those related to the success of that role.
How to connect with us: Let us know if you are interested by emailing us at email@example.com and we will invite you to attend one of our upcoming monthly board meetings hosted in the San Jose area and talk to you more about the different roles/levels of commitment. We have bigger roles with more impact and even welcome at-large members with minimal responsibilities.
Open Board Roles:
- President – oversee the board, committees, training, recruitment, compliance, etc.
- Vice President – support the president and overall success of the board
- Alumni Coordinator – host local events to engage our alumni
- Fundraising Coordinator – support annual fundraising activities with participants
- At Large Members – join board meetings and annual events