Amigos offers compelling and insightful field experience for educators. Our Educator-Only Professional Development Trip affords key educators a hands-on opportunity to see the AMIGOS approach in action.
When: July 6th – 13th
The educator trip is focused on three core components:
- Meaningful access to and engagement with our host country
- Small, intimate cohorts
- Genuine connections with host community members
- Visits to AMIGOS communities
- Explore critical global issues facing Latin America today
- Authentic, hands-on opportunities to meet with AMIGOS partner agencies
- Access to talks with local leaders, youth, and organizations doing on the ground community development work
- Take part in workshops on asset-based community development
- Develop additional skills to take back to your classroom
- Participatory workshops in areas such as across cultural facilitation, community development, and leadership skill development
- Daily reflections and end of trip evaluations
- Options to partner with AMIGOS programs
Pricing & Requirements:
- Educator program fee $1,500 (flights not included).
- Program fee and flight cost waived when an educator or school recruits a minimum of 6 students to participate in our Summer Program.
- Must be a middle or high school educator or support staff to participate.
- Deadline to enroll students from your school in the local chapter is December 10th or to the National program by April 15th.
Read more about last year’s Educator Trip here.
If your school, district or group is interested in your own trip, please contact Lauren Hauser at email@example.com.